Ballkids play an integral role in ensuring that tennis tournaments run smoothly. Throughout the Australian Open series, each ballkid is a focal part of every game, be it at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne or at the Brisbane International, Hobart International or the Apia International Sydney.
Who can be a ball kids?
Ballkids are aged between 11 and 17 years depending on the tournament age restrictions. Please see below exact ages for each tournament:
- Australian Open, Melbourne (age: 12–15 years)
- Brisbane International (age: 12–17 years)
- Hopman Cup (age: 12–15 years)
- Hobart International (age: 11–15 years)
- Apia International Sydney (age: 13–17 years)
- World Tennis Challenge, Adelaide (age: 12–17 years)
- Australian Pro Tour (age: up to 18 years) (Events are held at: Alice Springs, Burnie, Bendigo, Cairns, Launceston, Toowoomba, Wollongong, Margaret River, Port Pirie, Mildura and Traralgon. To apply, submit an expression of interest, see below.)
For more information and to register your interest click on the following link.