It is a great time of year for tennis as the weather starts to warm up, the nights are longer and the summer of tennis starts to gain momentum. There are lots of opportunities to get involved at both the grass roots level at your local club and a national level with all things Australian Open. Below is an update on all things tennis as we head towards the festive season including; Hot Shots Leagues, Term 4 lessons, How to get involved with the 2014 Aus Open and the My Vida Journey Program.
Australian Open 2015
- Win a Wild Card Ever wanted to play at the Australian Open? Here’s your chance to win a wildcard into the Australian Open 2015 mixed doubles.
- Hit the target and win a chance to hit with the world’s best on Rod Laver Arena in January, plus other great prizes.
- AO Tennis Blitz is about encouraging people of all ages and abilities to pick up a racquet and have a hit.
Vida Tennis Australian Open Training Camp
- Our yearly camp will once again take place in January and give you the opportunity to train like a pro during the Australian Open. Dates for 2015 will be Thursday 15th to Saturday the 17th.
- More information will be coming in the coming weeks but check out the review from the Jan 2014 Camp by clicking here
My Vida Journey Program
- Term 3 saw all kids in Hot Shots group lessons at all the Vida venues develop their tennis in this fun learning program. Any child who achieved the next level in their development received their certificate.
- There are a couple of images below but you can check out all the images on our Instagram page or search for the #myvidajourney hash tag
- The my Vida journey program enables all kids to monitor their progress from when they start tennis through to playing real tennis, club junior competition or entry level tournaments. As the structured levels progress so does the child’s skills, confidence & ability, receiving certificates to show their achievements and progressions along the way. All kids who do Hot Shots Lessons or Group lessons will be constantly assessed to fast track their game so they can play “real tennis” as soon as possible. Tennis lessons use modified balls & equipment and incorporate the Tennis Australia Hot Shots program.
Term 4 Coaching Dates
- Started Monday October 6th
- Final day Sunday 14th December
- Public Holidays – Melbourne Cup November 1st to 4th. Check with your venue coaches to see if you will have lessons on these dates
ANZ Hot Shots Leagues
- ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Leagues are the perfect way for kids to experience team tennis for the first time. There are two leagues that cater for players of different standards – the Orange Ball League and the Green Ball League.
Check out the following video and find a league at one of our venues.
- There will be leagues in term 4 at various Vida venues including;
- Glen Iris Valley TC – starting 19th October – contact Angelo – [email protected]
- Essendon Tennis Club – starting 26th October – contact Ryan – [email protected]
- Mildura Lawn Tennic Club – starting 24th October – contact Justin – [email protected]
- Swan Hill Lawn Tennis Club – Contact David – [email protected]
- Altona Tennis Club – Contact Kristina or Mark – [email protected]