Introducing a new program to the Vida community, Vida Mind, mental training for athletes, parents and coaches.
Do you experience any of these?
- Extreme nerves during competition
- Lack of belief in yourself
- Great in training, but lousy in competition
- Practicing hard but getting no payback
- Injuries or illnesses occurring just before competitions
- Slumps in form
- Regularly recurring problems in competition
- Concentration and technical problems
- Doubts, fears, and anxiety, worrying about what others think
- Inconsistency in competition performances
- Overly worrying about the “uncontrollables”
- Feeling sick on the day of the competition
- You are experiencing a plateau, and you need a breakthrough.
- The pressure to perform is hurting your results and your health.
- All your hard work and preparation didn’t pay off.
- You choked last time, and this time needs to be different.
- You’re not performing up to your ability.
- Inconsistent performance
- Worry about performance
- Performing below ability
- Making mental mistakes
- Difficulty maintaining concentration
- Coping through injury
- Managing personal or team loss
- Transitioning out of competitive sports
If you can relate to any of these issues, and you’re interested in performing at your best, Damien from Vida Mind can help you.
Who is Damien Lafont Ph.D.
“While completing my PhD, I obtained my certification as tennis pro and shortly thereafter, my work on mental, vision and movement allowed me to hold my degree in sport science and training. Now, after a research position at NASA, I’m working with athletes and coaches from all sports interested in developing their mental skills and improve their performance. I also work as a freelance sport writer. I write articles on performance enhancement, activity that allows me to stay on track of the recent sport psychology developments and gives me an extensive background in mental training techniques. Thus, for the past 15 years, I have specialized in the mental side of sport, with specialist knowledge both in mind/body connection and mental/visual skills. These qualifications are unique to the field, giving me experience in the highest level of performance. Now based in Melbourne, I have a great opportunity to work with passionate people and help develop the athlete, the parent and the coach holistically to consistently improve performance.”
“Perform at your best in sport and in life”